Re: TR6 Trailing arm finish

To: TR66pack@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Trailing arm finish
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 16:02:23 -0500
Cc: TR6 List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Kerry,
  I have had great results painting both the intake manifold and trailing arms
with aluminum engine paint after thoroughly cleaning each part. Wears like iron
and since both parts were bare aluminum castings from the factory, the look is
original. The paint seals minor imperfections in the castings and allows the
parts
to be cleaned much easier.
  The downside of clearcoating the parts is that after years of grease, oil and
road muck exposure the aluminum is extremely difficult to bring back to it's
original appearance. I suppose buffing is an option, but on trailing arms it
seems
like a waste of time to me.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA