Re: TR6 Trailing arm finish

To: 6packlist@mfasco.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Trailing arm finish
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 08:53:31 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Aaron Johnson wrote:

> As far as I know the rear trailing arms where not finished with anything.
> I don't believe that any of the aluminum pieces received any finish.  But
> I could be wrong.

That's what the Pigott book shows also. There was a thread recently about
the intake manifold (which is also aluminum) on the triumphs list which
recommended polishing to remove the corrosion and stains and then clear
coating, seems like it would work just as well on the trailing arms. I
guess it would just depend on what you felt like doing once you got the
bump stops out of the arms (which is usually a chore in and of itself).

--
Brian Ricker                    brianr@mvp.net
Ballwin MO

'70 TR6 CC56818L