Vandervell Bearings [TR6]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vandervell Bearings [TR6]
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:33:37 -0600
Listers, I am trying to find a set of Vandervell bearings for my TR6 -

1. Called APT in California and they had only rod bearings no mains.
2. Triumphs only used to show some NOS bearings, but their web page
seems
to be down, does anyone have their phone number?
3. Vip-part was another possible source, their web page is gone as
well, does any one know their number?

AE Clevite bought Vandervell, correct? Can you go to anyplace that sells
Clevite
parts and give them the AEC part number and get Vandervells? Or are the
selling
only available stock and not making any new bearings.

Also, am I correct in assuming that TRF and Moss are supplying Glacier
or other
bi-metal bearings?

Thanks in advance,
Brian