Re: moving lbc to california

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <Huppertc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: moving lbc to california
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 16:59:39 -0800
Carl,

Sounds about right.  All cars prior to 1  974 are exempt from the smog
test.  There is a $300 charge for having the audacity to bring a car into
this state.  I think that if you have a sticker from the manufacturere that
says it is equipped for CA or smothing like that, you don't have to pay the
$300.

On top of all that is a registration fee, which is trivial, and a property
tax which is not (although it is 25% less this year).  It's based on value.

After all that, you do get to drive top down for most of the year on some
of the most scenic roads in the world.

Welcome to CA.

Bob