Fw: TR6: Fun w/oil gauge feed

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: TR6: Fun w/oil gauge feed
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:11:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I lost one engine with a broken oil guage line and was bad. Then the line
broke at the dash end
and filled the cabin and my shoes with hot oil and that was worse. Then when
testing the line it popped off
the guage and shot me in the eyes and that was enough.

I replaced the guage with an electric unit. That means that I have a steel
bodied sender screwed into the oil
 gallery where the old pipe came out. Then it is just a single wire going up
to the new 2 1/8" guage. Malheuresement
it is not a Smiths guage, but I hope to find a nice electric Smiths from a
Jag. But now I am protected from having a
personalised oil heating system in the cabin.

Mark Hooper
mhooper@pixelsystems.com