Re[2]: visitor

To: "Jane Burdekin" <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>, "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re[2]: visitor
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:54:13 -0500
It really is gratifying to meet folks like Jane Burdekin and Brad Kahler and see
that fire in their eyes that Triumphs evoke.  You can just tell by their
enthusiasm in talking about their cars and their interest in mine that they are
true-blue Triumph people.  Jane has already passed it on to her daughter who was
interested enough to stand in the cold and dark with us and listen to us go on
about Triumphs.

Jane has a GT6 that has an eye-catching paint job.  I was jealous of her being
able to sit on the front tires while working in the engine bay when the bonnet
is up...what a nice change that would be from the back bends I do on my TR6.

I think a GT6 would be my choice for my next TR and then maybe a TR4A or a TR250
or....my God I think I hung around with Brad too long.

Brad and I made the rounds and ya'll would of been proud (maybe surpised is the
word) that he didn't buy a single car or part while we were out looking through
the junk yards and at other potential projects.  Of course that could be because
of the limitations of the trunk on my TR6 and the fact that he didn't have his
trailer, and that doesn't mean he won't be back either (for that 3 tub).  Brad's
motto is "Never say Never" when it comes to seeing the potential in ANY Triumph.
 There will be a lot of Triumphs that owe their existence to Brad before he's
done.

Brad was kind enough to take some pics of my TR6 with his digital camera and
send me the image files.  He's even posted them on his website if you're
interested in seeing it (you can almost see my Triumph List sticker proudly
displayed on the windshield).  Brad's site is listed below.  He's got some great
pics of his fine Spitfire and some before pictures of his other projects.

Bud 71TR6 CC57365

http://www.141.com/triumphs