Re: seat rebuilding question

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: seat rebuilding question
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:36:05 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 18:26 31/08/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I've never seen anyone reuse the seat covers. Usually that's the reason
>for the rebuild.

George, Carl,

Not necessarily! I had a broken (TR7) drivers' seat frame and torn cloth on
both seats, but the vinyl parts were okay. The upholsteror replaced the
cloth sections and transferred the drivers' cover to a 2nd-hand seat with a
good frame and bad cover.

The refurbished seat covers aren't quite stock, but it was a good, cheap,
and effective job: $100 for old seat, $100 for the work. To prove he was no
mug, the guy showed me a Porche 911 he had completely redone in leather for
$5,000!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia