TR6 Fluids

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Fluids
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:56:07 EDT
Hi again,

I am planning to drain all the fluids in my TR6 soon and replacing them.  I
figure as usual there are probably numerous oppinions on what to use for each
component and I'd like to hear about some of them.  I'm interested in rear
end, crankcase, gearbox/O.D. and steering rack.

Some of my interestes are whether to use synthetic versus fossil, detergent
versus non detergent (gearbox), straight weights versus multi viscosity,
grease versus oil (steering rack) and so on....  I'm sure if I use what the
workshop manual suggests I'd do just fine, but I want to know if there are any
modern alternatives that people are using.

Thanks,

Scott Helms
Northern Indiana