Re: rear shock conversion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rear shock conversion
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Apple
> Hydraulics will sell you their heavy-duty shocks that seem to be quite
> adequate from my experience.

 Anyone really know what Apple does to make the shock "Heavy-duty"?
 The shock has a screw with a spring and a nut on the end that puts
 some tension on the spring which puts pressure on the valve orifice.
 If all Apple does is tighten this nut, then I can do this at home
 and save myself $50. plus shipping.
 If they do more than that (other than a rebuild) I'd like to know.

 -jimb
 http://www.tyeetriumph.org

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##