Re: rear shock conversion

To: Luiching@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rear shock conversion
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:47:33 -0400
I'm not a big fan of these conversions. One needs to look very carefully at
the arrangement of the top mount and where the loads are placed. Some of
them bolt through the sheet metal of the tub, which is not capable of
handling the stress. The other drawback is the room inside the fender is
reduced drastically. This will preclude the fitting of any tires larger
than stock. I'd think twice about doing this. For a modest sum, Apple
Hydraulics will sell you their heavy-duty shocks that seem to be quite
adequate from my experience.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Illiterate? Write for free help...