Re: Spitfire help needed!

To: Bud Rolofson <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>
Subject: Re: Spitfire help needed!
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:49:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bud Rolofson wrote:

[...]
> Gotta send a mild flame to Reed on his flammable carb cleaner warning.  I've
> never seen carb cleaner flame up and in fact thought that the reason you used
>it
> to check vacuum leaks is because it's not flammable and thus if it's sucked
>into
> a vacuum leak it makes the idle speed drop.  The can of carb cleaner that I
>have
> (Gumout) even says on the can that it's non-flammable.

I've never seen it burn on contact with an exhaust manifold, but ...
If you want to see flames, hold a lit lighter about a foot in front of
your carb cleaner can and press the button ... But maybe thats the propellent ?

And if you blow up, it's you're own darn fault ;-)

I think the reason it drops your idle is not so much that it doesn't
burn, but is messes up your mixture.

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com