Re: TR6 Amco bumper bars wanted

To: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: TR6 Amco bumper bars wanted
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <BruceKro@compuserve.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Aaron Johnson wrote:

> Bruce;
>       The AMCO bumper overriders are not standard for a '72.  They where
> not fitted to anything before '74.  May I ask why you would want to put
> them on a '72.

Aaron, I suspect you're thinking of the large rubber "cones" or
overriders required to meet Federal bumper standards. I believe Bruce is
referring to the tubular, chromed  overrider BARS that were indeed an
_accessory item_ offered by AMCO and through Triumph dealers. They are
pictured, I believe, in some of the early sales brochures.

Apologies if I am misinterpreting either Aaron or Bruce here.

--Andy