Re: TR6 Overdrive question

To: vitesse@juno.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Overdrive question
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 02:59:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tomhorvat@mindspring.com
Hugh,
The infamous countershaft bearing failure and a very serious case of
shiprights disease led to the total restoration of CF38690, so be very
careful here!
When I pulled the transmission the fluid looked like thick silver paint also.
I used mineral spirits to flush and clean the overdrive thoroughly until
there were no traces of ground bearings and shaft. No ill effects after 5
years of use. I have no idea if this is the proper or correct product to use
but it worked for me.
Good luck with the project,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA