Re: Regular maintenance

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Regular maintenance
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:15:55 -0400
Cc: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Jon;
I agree wholeheartedly with you on regular drain and refill intervals of both
the gear box and differential. 80w90 is tough stuff, but it doesn't last
forever. I get questions about this all the time and I answer in the most
truthful way I know, but I still get the impression that a lot of customers
(who don't do their own maintenence) just think I'm out to get a little bit
more of their money. A case in point, one of my customers just got a new
Porsche Boxter. Now, jaded that I am ,  I think its a real nice car. The
factory recommended oil drain interval is 15,000 miles using Mobil 1 synthetic.
Guy asks, should I do this? I told him, I can't imagine you're  doing your
$41,000 car any favors by waiting 15k miles before changing your oil. Am I
wrong and the factory could somehow be right? I don't think so. Oil changes are
cheap and easy. The damage done by being pigheaded can be very expensive
indeed.

Just my $.02
Jeff Johnson