Stromberg vs SU

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stromberg vs SU
From: autoxr@zebra.net (Erik Bjorkner)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:37:16 -0500
Hey there again!!

Hope this has not been a common question, if so .. SORRY.

I have a 1500 Spit that is kind of set up to autocross, little mods but it is
sure FUN!!!  Really great and will be better one the oil leaks get fixed... too
hot out right now.

Ran a large course and was rather a fast one too, could not get above 4800 RPMs
with vigor.  Seemed to fade away quickly.  Looked at the exhaust pipe and it
was very light grey... lean?!?!

It currently has a stock Stromberg but need to fix this.  The SCCA rules state
either a SU or a Stromberg.  What one is better?  I will be attending a Swedish
car makers convention soon and can probably get a used one there.  Will these
be bigger and set richer or will they be leaner since there were two (2) one
these cars on 1800 and 2000 vs one on the 1500 of the Spit?

Thanks... were is the Spitfire registry?

Erik
Mobile, AL