TR 6? Fuel Cap

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 6? Fuel Cap
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:40:55 -0700
I have a fuel cap that I want to identify.  I seem to recall that I
ordered this gas cap back in the late 70's for my TR 4A... but was sent
the wrong one... and never got around to returning it.  I always thought
it was maybe from a TR 6.

It's a dull aluminum... cotter pins form it's hinge... (tacky, I
thought!)

It has some minor tiny dings, etc... and the seal, while intact, has
some cracking from age.  I remember it had a slighty used appearance
when I got it... and this is how it looks now.

There is an identifying number on the back:  D7/36983/6

Anyone know what this is?  Are they still selling these?  (I can't refer
to catalogs because all of mine are for TR 4A.)

--Justin