Not LBC, but for every car, there is a collector!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Not LBC, but for every car, there is a collector!
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:37:02 -0700
Listers,

Yesterday I saw, pulling into the grocery store parking lot, a near
concours quality AMC Gremlin, of all things. Driven very carefully by
probably the original owner LOLITA (Li'l ole lady in tennis shoes, for
those unfamiliar). Medium blue metallic, absolutely perfect paint,
chrome, interior, you name it. Pebble Beach/Monterey, here we come!

I couldn't help but laugh, I'm sure it's a whole lot more collectible
than my TR, considering my car's current condition!  LOLITA probably
would have had a good laugh at my car too!

Apologies to anyone who owns one now or owned one then, but I always
wondered what they did with the back half of all those Gremlins they
sold!  Maybe they melted down the back halves to make repro LBC parts?!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--