Re: Old Planes and Stuff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Old Planes and Stuff
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:59:51 -0400
Hi All,

Okay - enough about old planes. Go read alt.old.planes.yadda.yadda.yadda for
more plane stuff.

But there is a reason for my posting.

Yes, there won't be a huge gathering of DC3's ever again... but I want to
point out to the unannointed masses that there are still a bunch of Triumph
_racers_ out there even as we speak. Not totally remarkable considering the
ancestry of the marque etc.

But there will be an event at Indianapolis Raceway Park in Indianapolis,
Indiana (not the Indianapolis Motot Speedway) on the first weekend in
October, and it is a vintage race and the featured marque is: Triumph. The
event is promoted as the Children's Museum Grand Prix, etc.

Now it may not be the last time that Triumphs are a feature at a road racing
event, but it does promise to be an interesting time with all sorts of folk
that into Triumphs being in attendance. And quite frankly who knows which of
these cars will still be around in say 5 years. I'm still kicking myself in
the ass for missing the event at Mid Ohio in 1992 (or whenever it was).

This should be a memorable event.

So, save your pennies and book a room in Indianapolis on 2 - 4 October 1998.
Will it be the last time some of these cars get together?? Could be. Will
Charles Runyan be there with one of the TRS cars?? Only Charles can say.

Will I be there? Well, as they say in Minnesconsin: You betcha!

Contact Indianapolis Raceway Park or VSCDA (a vintage car club) for more
info about the event.

And maybe we'll see _you_ there. And bring your Triumph

Later,
rml
Bob Lang
TR6's