TR2 engine balance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2 engine balance
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:38:06 +0100 (BST)
I started to strip down my TR2 engine over the weekend. It was already out
of the car and bits removed when I bought it. I noticed while refering to
my workshop manual a reference to the importance of noting the way the fan
and parts are removed, as they are balanced on assembly and keep the crank
running smooth. The problem is these parts were removed by the D.P.O. How
essential is the replacement of the fan and strips behind the bolts in the
correct order ? , is there any way of telling from the parts.?
Thanks.

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.