Re: TR250/6 engine stand

To: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Subject: Re: TR250/6 engine stand
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:46:00 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I did just exactly what you are inquiring about.  I used (2) 2X10's - 30"L,
(2) 3/4X6 - 24"W, and 3/4 plywood 24x30 and (4) 150 lb 2" castors (2 have
locks).  The bigger the castors the easier the whole thing will be to roll
under load.  The locks on two castors keep the contraption from rolling
away.
I laid out the 2X10's and placed the 3/4X36 on top crosswise.  Then I
drilled holes to mount the castors placing them as close to the edge as
possible - leaving about an 1" to edge of the 3/4X6.  Do want the thing to
tip over.    I mounted the castors with 2.5 " bolts.  I also counter sunk
the castor bolts so they would not interfere with the plywood.  The flipped
the whole thing over and screw the plywood sheeting to it.  The only other
thing I did was I made a 2"Wx5.5"Hx24L spacer to put under the engine in
front of the oil pan. The engine sits quite nicely on it for the time being
and rolls out of the way with just a little bit of effort.

Jerry - 1968 GT-6 MK1