Torque Rods

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Torque Rods
From: "The Browns" <thebrown@digital.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:26:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I would like to reduce roll steer on my TR4.  I note in the Competition prep
manual, there is reference to Torque Rods.  They only briefly discuss this,
leaving out important details about how to construct the basic rod or part#
if it could have been bought.  It simply states that "the torque rods are
bolted up under the rear spring "U" bolt plate. with the rod in direct
middle of the spring line, arc-weld the forward end to the chassis frame.
The rubber grommet in the torque rods are pre-set and should not be
tightened further."

I presume that someone out there has information about this and could
forward some insight into buying or fabricating a torque rod.  Also, in the
Bentley manual, there is reference to recambering rear road springs and
distance pieces.  If there any information available on what these
dimensions might be?

Darwin Brown
'65 TR4
'71 Stag