TR3 dash panel

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 dash panel
From: Dave Brackin <dbrackin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:53:34 -0400
Hello all
I am proud to announce that I recently found an purchased 57 TR3.  The
only bad part is that it has been in kit form (several truck loads of
boxes) for thirty years. But the PO did most of the sheet metal work and
bought almost everything needed to reassemble the car.

I am thinking of converting the car to right hand steer.  Does anyone
have a useable right hand drive instrument panel (bare) they would
consider parting with?  Also if anyone has made the switch I would like
to have your input on unforeseeable problems.

By the way, the car still has original paint.  It is black with a silver
racing stripe down the middle. I've never seen or read of the factory
putting racing stripes on cars (other than the 250).  Was this a dealer
"enhancement"?

Dave Brackin
68  -  TR250  weekend driver
57  -  TR3  ...pull out part A and snap into part B