Re: AutoX and throwout bearings

To: Dennis Culligan <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Subject: Re: AutoX and throwout bearings
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:57:46 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
dennis,
        Go to a local industrial supply house, take your old bearing and
ask if they have anything that will work.  I went to a place here in fort
collins, co. and they have on made by federal mogul that looks a little
different but works outstanding.  I haven't had any problems with iit in 3
years.  I also had a choice of getting one with a zerk or a sealed one.  I
got the sealed one, and it was only 18.99 compared to 45 for a unipart
one.
        From what I understand with the unipart bearings is that most of
them have sat on a shelf for a few years and the grease has lost some of
it's greasenes.

good luck.

aaron