TR6 Dash Work Questions

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Dash Work Questions
From: Brian Damkroger <bkdamkr@nmia.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:03:15 -0600
Hi.
I'm now amidst my dash & crash pad replacement.  Like all fine projects,
this one is becoming more involved as it progresses.  If anyone has
answers to a coupla quick questions, I'd appeciate it.

1) Can I replace the crash pads (in particular, the lower ones) by only
loosening and moving the metal facia, or do I have to remove it
completely?  I REALLY DON'T want to remove the steering column - I'd
much rather loosen the clamp bolts and just wiggle the metal dash out a
ways.  Is it possible?

2) Is removing the steering column as big a pain in the rear as it
sounds?

3) I don't see any way to get at the windshield bracket bolts without
first getting the lower crash pads out of the way.  Is this correct?

4) I think I got the nuts off of the ends of the windshield pillars, but
it won't budge.  I'm assuming that I need the bracket mount bolts loose
as well.  Correct?

Any help/advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian