Re: TR6 Dash Work Questions

To: Brian Damkroger <bkdamkr@nmia.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Dash Work Questions
From: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:43:47 +0200
I'm on digest, so I can't do a straight reply.

In answer to your questions:

1) Lowers yes. Upper no. Don't forget the nut & bolt that secures the US
passenger side crash pad to the side of the center console.

2) I thought it was a mother, then again, I'm quite mechanically
challenged. Take the top half of the steering column out only. Undo the
rubber coupling first. The (H-shaped) anti-torque strap / steering lock
combination is also a bit of a wheeze and make sure to remove the
anti-tamper domes on the nuts just behind the wooden dash.

3) As far as I remember, you need to take the big lock nuts off the ends
of the two main stems on either side. These stems are also held tight by
two bracket bolts on either side, access near the A-post. Loosen but
don't remove.

4) Tell me about it. Get those bracket bolts loosened and then remove
the three bolts along the top of the crash pad (where your tonneau pins
are) which go into captive nuts in the plenum chamber. They're fixed via
tags on the windscreen frame, hence the no-go at present.

These answers are not definitive. Buy the proper BL Workshop manual from
Moss or Rimmer Bros. It has all these jobs in foolproof step-by-step
procedures -- it cut my work time fourfold.

Good luck,

Adam Turner
'74 TR6