Re: Triumphs-FAQ

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: Triumphs-FAQ
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Brian Sanborn wrote:

> Malcolm,
>
> Nice job.  Really valuable contribution.  Is there some way that people
> could volunteer to work an answer to a question you don't have finished yet.

Sure, hurl it my way.  I'll stick it in somehow (cut & paste)

I also welcome new questions that "should be in the FAQ"

My faves are links to already-answered stuff on the WWW; esp. obscure
ones.  Solves a lot of problems.

> Or would you accept a completed question and matching answer from a
> volunteer who feels confident to answer.

Confident or not, that's what I do.  Just swipe em off the list really.  I
(or some like me ;-)) will probably reduce it someday.  There's a similar
list-generated FAQ for the Oldsmobile-list- and it's HUGE.  I don't want
to create a monster- just a resource.

> This is a lot of work to throw on your shoulders alone.  I'm mostly in
> receive mode now but would be happy to contribute if I can.  I'm a marketing
> guy for Compaq and we do these Q&A lists all the time.  We usually
> brainstorm a long list of questions and farm out the answers to people in
> the know.

Hey, would you get me a DEC Alpha if I told you AltaVista was cool?  ;-)

Actually, I'm going on a WebHunt for a FAQ helper program that would let
me fill in Q and As and would do the dirty work.  If I can't find one, I'm
going to make one.  Good chance to test new compiler :-)

I got a really good archive of list "goodies" that will be incorporated
into the FAQ (eventually).  I will also have to provide a text-only
version sometime in the far future... not everyone is Windows friendly

-Malcolm (Windows Unfriendly)