Re: FW: Warped new brake rotors

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: FW: Warped new brake rotors
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:55:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
r-james@tamu.edu wrote:
> I don't know if you would see even this much run-out by just spinning it on
> the axle.  If you used a dial indicator, though, it would be very obvious.

  I have had success with this.

  Take the wheel off.

  Spin the wheel as best you can (an assistant helps)
while lightly pinching the brake pads between two pieces
of paper in your hand, as if your hand was the caliper
and the paper was he pads.

  You can feel a pretty small warpage this way, at least
I've had no trouble feeling warpage that was merely
annoying with the car running, not massively dangerous.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933