GT6 Tail Lamp Question (pre-71)

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spifires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 Tail Lamp Question (pre-71)
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 05:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

G'day everyone!

I've traced my nonfunctional tail/brake-lamp problem to the little
bits of metal that are riveted together and onto that piece of
waferboard(?) in both lights. The waferboardthat they attach to seems
to be rotted, offering no support to the contacts.

It seems that VB has complete assemblies for $70-some each, and I
wonder if anyone has any experience with this particular offering of
thiers?

Secondly, anyone suggest trying to make what I've got work?

Thirdly, anyone got a pair of serviceable taillamps they'd like to get
rid of?

TIA,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+