Re: TR-6 A/C Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 A/C Questions
From: glite <glite@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:12:03 -0400
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> Someone with an original TR-6 Air Conditioning:  Where is the condenser
> located?  How is the compressor mounted?  Where is the evaporator?  Did they
> replace the heater unit with one with an internal evaporator, or was it an
> under the dash arrangement?

I disassembled a dealer add on system some years ago.  The compressor
was mounted on the near side off the head. An additional pulley was
added to the crank pulley with an idler pulley attached to the engine.
Compressor was a York piston unit.  Condenser was mounted ahead of the
radiator and was half the hight.    The evaporator was a self contained
unit with dual fans mounted under the dash on the passenger side with
flexible hose over to the driver's side.  I understand the evaporator
varied with the installation, the dealers obtaining parts from various
sources.

Best description I've heard of the unit:  "You can get more relief by
standing in front of a panting dog".

George leicht