Re: TR-6 Door Wanted

To: rgk@flash.net, walker05@camosun.bc.ca, JRossi727@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Door Wanted
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:15:27 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-08-16 23:02:14 EDT, rgk@flash.net writes:

> The door skin is different in that the TR6 has the separate lock
>  cylinder hole. The frame is different to house a different window
>  cranking mechanism. The door latch assembly is completely different.
>
>  Bob Kramer, Austin TX
>  Hill Country Triumph Club
>  TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race

Bob,   Agree.  But the dimensions are the same.  I was saying the same as you
when I  said -
  " According to Piggot's "Original Triumph TR" (p.74) the doors are the
same but the window mechanism, latches, locks, and internal and external trim
are different."

Maybe I should have been clearer.  So - with your clarification - the answer
to the question is that the doors can be made to fit but some modifications
must be made.  Sorry all.

Art Kelly