RE: Super Trapp

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GCICT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Subject: RE: Super Trapp
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:08:51 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: "'Dr. Robert Carley'" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Bowley, Glenn (GCICT) wrote:

> I have one of these on my Honda XR600R enduro bike. There great! You can
> tune them by adding, or removing the metal rings on the end of the pipe.
> More rings, louder and more flow, less rings, quieter and less flow. I
> have seen them used on cars, but I don't have any experience with the
> car type. Saw two on a Shelby Cobra once!
> Anyway, I've used them for years on the various motorcycles that I have
> had. And really like the "tuneability" of the system.
> Maybe someone on the list can comment on the automobile side of the
> system.

        I used a Supertrapp on my `4 for several years. It was a 25" tail
        piece on my car... While I liked what it did (performance wise)
        for the car, I didn't like dragging it whenever I drove it up or down
        anything more than the slightest incline (at the time Supertrapp
        wasn't offering it's current "inline model" that could be installed
        "up flow" from the end of the exhaust).

        BTW, I also had a Monza header that was connected to a 2" custom
        made exhaust pipe routed through the X section in the frame. When
        the Monza gave up the ghost last year, I installed the 3 piece
        header and went back to the 36" glasspack that I started out with.
        Yeah it's a bit loud... but I can live with it.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois