Re: My trip to USA

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My trip to USA
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:45:15 EDT
In a message dated 16/08/98 20:09:45 GMT, you write:

<< Subj:        Re: My trip to USA
 Date:  16/08/98 20:09:45 GMT
 From:  McGaheyRx
 To:    GuyotLeonF

 << To anyone who may know about such things ?

  I am given to understand by a reliable source that Northwest airlines is to
  strike from midnight August 28, and I am due to fly to USA on August
29...just
  my luck!

  I can find nothing about it on the web

  Does anyone have any further information out there ?

  Leon F Guyot
  (not looking forward to spending his entire holiday sitting around in
  airports) >>

 Hello Leon
 There was an article about this in the Wall Street Journal a couple of
 weeks ago. The pilots union is in a 30 day cooling off period which ends
 august 29. Other unions (machinists and ticket agents?) recently rejected
 a contract offer from NW, so a strike is likely but not definite.
 I had a domestic Northwest flight booked for Sept 1 and switched to another
 airline on the advice of my travel agent.
 Good Luck !
 Jack Mc   >>

Thanks for that - and thanks to andy Mace, I found something on the NWAL
website at http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/newsc/sm061098a.shtml

I shall try my travel agent tomorrow, and see if we can make some changes
I am due to fly on August 29, the day of the strike.
I booked and paid for all my 6 NWAL flights on 31 July, and am rather
surprised that my usually very good agent didn't know about the proposed
strike action.
I have a sneaky suspicion that it is not now possible to make any changes to
my bookings and I will have to 'suck it and see'.
(It will probably result in me waiting for 24+ hours at London-Gatwick airport
until I can get on an alternative flight!)
Terrific
Thanks again
Leon F Guyot
(worn-down TRiumph enthusiast in need of a vacation)