RE: No thermostat?

To: "'Coday Family'" <coday@localaccess.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: No thermostat?
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:49:26 -0500
Don't know if the engine will run too cool, but do know that you will have
absolutely no heat. Now, in the summer this isn't a problem, but can cause
some discomfort in the winter. I found this out on my 124 Fiat that I had at
college. My wife and I were really strapped for money at school, and the car
kept overheating when driving around town. After talking with my dad (there
was no way I could afford a new thermostat) I performed "surgery" on my
thermostat (a big screwdriver and a hammer), since the valve had stuck shut.
Well, this solved my overheating problem, but on my way to Phoenix, AZ from
Provo, UT, we were passing through some mountain passes about 1 in the
morning in mid-December. I have never been so cold in all my life. The car
ran fine, but I might as well have been driving with the windows down.

Guess it depends on when you plan on driving the car...
Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt. 2284