Re: ...a thing of beauty....

To: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: ...a thing of beauty....
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:34:13 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Greg Petrolati <gpetrolati@prarienet.org>
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Kevin O'Driscoll wrote:

> Greg et al.,
> No offense intended yesterday, I was just supplementing your comments on
> the TR4 production numbers.

        No prob... There's no substitute for facts...

  Anyway, I've been following the US vs.
> UK/sex on wheels thread too, and with the remake of "THE AVENGERS" to be
> released in the the US this weekend I cant help but comment the Uma
> Thurman is going to have to work hard to fill the zippered catsuit of Emma
> Peel in her Lotus Elan...

        This is true... Uma has a good start though... Great (er)...
        bone structure. :) I'm remembering her entrance in Terry Gilliam's
        film Baron Munchausen. She played the god Vulcan's wife ala a
        certain painting by Boticelli.

        I hope we won't be too hard on the new AVENGERS... As Tom Wolfe
        writes "...You can't go home again". We can't look at the new
        film with the same eyes multplied by thirty years of "mental
        maginification" and expect to see what we saw as "children".

        My hope is that the film is done lovingly and with a "style".
        REMEMBER! The  old Avengers could not be charitably described as
        "GREAT TELEVISION (if such a thing could even exist). It was done on
        the cheap, and more than a little bit tongue-in cheek. I'll bet
        the producers of the current film spent more money on its production
        than was spent in contemporary money on the entire series back in
        the sixties.

        There's an interesting interview with Honor Blackman (Cathy Gale,
        Mrs. Peel's [Diana Rigg] predecesor) in this month's Starlog for
        those diehard Avengers fans...

        "Be seeing you..."

         Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois