Re: ...a thing of beauty....

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: ...a thing of beauty....
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:43:08 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew Mace wrote:

> Fred, can you shed any light here?
>
> On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Kevin O'Driscoll wrote:
>
> > An interesting piece on the overrestoration of antique autos appears in
> > the New York Times today (Friday Aug. 14).  It echos an editorial which
> > recently appeared in Moss Motoring by Bill Piggot on the need for a
> > preservation class in judging of vintage car shows...nowadays
> > the Ford Model A folks actually deduct points for better than new
> > restorations....
>
> Boy, is that ever something I'd love to see VTR do! :-)
>
> --Andy
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Andrew Mace, President and                *
> *   10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant *
> * Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>    *
> * amace@unix2.nysed.gov                     *

Model A restorers club of U.S.does have a deduction of a few points for a
over restored car,but rarely use it, what they have now done is added a
driving class for a nicely restored car that is driven and not trailered.
Andy what I would like to see is maybe a 10 point bonus for a driven car,
and I think you can tell the difference between the two, even though some
trailered car owners may claim to be drivers.