Old Aeroplane stuff

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Old Aeroplane stuff
From: "Charles Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:06:22 -0500
Several weekends back St. Louis had their first WWI Aeromeet.  Sunday had
an assortment of homebuilt Nieuport 11, 12 (two seater), 17 and 24's.  I
missed a Fokker D-VII that was flown in the previous day.

The best part was a fully restored Canadian Curtis 'Jenny' with an OX-5
engine.  The plane took off a grass field and circled SLOWLY several times
before landing.  After being used to watching our modern jets and WWII prop
jobs I could believe how slow a real Jenny actually was, the pilot said
this was the third flight the plane had made since being restored.

Charlie
1976 TR-6