Re: Thermostat - Stag VTR page

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thermostat - Stag VTR page
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:32:34 EDT
Cc: thefryes@iconn.net
In a message dated 98-08-12 09:19:10 EDT, the fryes write:

> Hate to say this, but the Stag page shows Stag thermostats. These are NOT
>  the Smiths skirted thermostats we TR3 and 4 owners dream about.

Henry is right.  But there are places to see them.

Check out the factory workshop manual, Bentley's reprint of same, or the
Haynes manual for a picture of the TR3/4 skirted thermostat.

Suggestion -- Someone who is looking for one needs to check out an auto parts
store for Volvo and VW (golf - not beetle) skirted thermostats to see if they
can be used.  They are similar in looks.  I tried but did not have a TR
thermostat to make a definitive comparison. (I then tossed the parts numbers
for the volvo and VW thermostats).  Anyone willing to do the research?

Also the Jag skirted thermo for the XK120 works but costs 27 bucks US.  They
are available from a Jag supplier in California - their address is at home.
Cheers.

Art Kelly