Re: SPITFIRE Engine side plates

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SPITFIRE Engine side plates
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 06:09:42 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
  I wouldn't dare to dream that anybody has ever entered these
>patternes into a cad program preferably Pro Engineer?  Reason I ask, if
>I have percise (CAD) drawings I can input them into our automatic
>punching machine and mill those bad boys in like 30 seconds flat.  I'd
>have to bend them in the press but that doesn't take long either.
>Powder coat them black and I'd be set.  I wonder what guage aluminum to
>use. 0.090"?
If I had accurate dims I could draw them in PROe.  That would be a simple
matter-probably take less than 10-15 mins.  Let me know if you can get the
dimensions-I'd be glad to draw them up (I already have a mock up of my rear
suspension complete with diff and spring :-})

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire