Thermostat - Stag VTR page

To: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Subject: Thermostat - Stag VTR page
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:11:08 -0400
Guys and gals,

Hate to say this, but the Stag page shows Stag thermostats. These are NOT
the Smiths skirted thermostats we TR3 and 4 owners dream about.

I have one of the bellows type thermostats without a skirt, and have seen
one with the proper skirt. The pictures on the Stag pages are all together
different.

The Stag 'stat will not block the bypass hose on a TR3 or 4. No way.

Henry Frye
TR3B Driver, with the XK Unlimited $27 skirted stat and restrictor in the
bypass hose with 3/8 inch hole. Car runs between 170 and 180 on the road.
It will creep up to about 195 in stop and go traffic, and drop right back
to 180 when moving again.