Re: Coolant leaks

To: "Allen Nugent" <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>, "Joseph Sholtes" <joeiv@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant leaks
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:24:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Allen,
To be honest and frank, it is inadvisable to use stop leak in the cooling
system, because it tends to plug up the smaller passages in heater cores and
heads.  Thereby reducing the cooling efficiency of the system. And one thing
our little cars don't need is reduced cooling.  If I might suggest looking
for a good composite head gasket from one of the big 3.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
1964 Spitfire4
Houston, Texas