TR4s-BMCNE show

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4s-BMCNE show
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:09:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Where are the TR4/4A's?

I can't help but notice that the last few British car
gatherings I've
been
at featured very few 4/4A models. Where are they all?
Adirondack TR's
show
had only one and a show in Syracuse yesterday saw
none at all. There is
the
usual mix of TR3 and TR6 in roughly equal numbers,
but no 4s. How come?

Phil:

Beats me.  This past weekend British Motorcars of New
England put on a fine car show in north central
Massachusetts.  The 3 day affair featured fine
weather, tours, a Bar-B-Q and auction, and a Sunday
show that featured approximately 100 cars of various
marques.  Not one TR4 was in attendance.

Among the other Triumphs - a TR3 placed 2nd in the
'55-'62 class.  TR6s were well represented and took a
1st and 3rd in the '69-'74 class.  A beautiful '62
Vitesse Sports Six took a 1st in the special class.
Best of show was a Jaguar XK140 that looked brand
new.  One of the most knowledgeable Jag experts in
the country was there and put the value of it at
close to $100k.

Hats off to Marc and Sue Legault and all the folks at
BMCNE for putting on this event.  We couldn't make it
out to the TRF party so we made the trip to this
event and still wound up putting 500 miles on the car.

Now on to Lime Rock and then 6-Pack!

Joe Merone
CF 18929