Oil Cap Originality

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Cap Originality
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:29:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I pulled the valve cover tonight and cleaned away many years of old paint in
preparation of giving it a new finish. I was all set to toss the old oil cap
but spotted some letters stamped on it that were filled with paint. I
cleaned off the paint and took the cap to the old buffing wheel for
additional cleaning. The names stamped on it are: Castrol, Mobil, AC, Fina,
Havoline, Shell, Esso, Duckmans, OC-4 and AP (maybe it's really BP?). I've
never heard of Duckmans, OC-4 or AP (unless it is BP) and wonder of they're
still in business.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD