TR4 rear fender

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 rear fender
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
I'm starting to feel a little suspicious about my rear fender.

It requires much welding & repair work around the entire perimeter - which
leads me to wonder, is it really a TR6 fender?

And today I found evidence of dark brown paint under some undercoating.
(Russet brown?)  I didn't think this was a TR4 color.

It would make sense that a shop did this.  I know the rear was smacked at
some point, as there's a buckle in one of the smaller panels in the trunk.
The fender has been previously (poorly...) welded along the leading edge,
the top edge above the 'step', and around the tail-light.  Up to 1/4" of
Bondo was used to "form" the fender.  I know the TR6 uses similar rockers
and mounting systems regarding the fender, so is it possible that I've got
a big bodge job to repair (v. likely :-(  )

Anyway, work is progressing.  This morning I smoked up 2 more of my thin
cutter wheels and hacked out the rough metal to make patches.  I must be
careful now, I don't want to rush in and goof up the mounting points...

-Malcolm