Re: Flushing Brake System

To: "Jerry" <lensman@erols.com>, <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Flushing Brake System
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:20:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Define cheap.  The cost of DOT 5 silicone brake fluid is about $20/quart,
and when doing a complete flush you are going to probably use 1 and a half
quarts to completely flush your system.  And remember that once it goes
through the system it's trash (contaminated) and must be disposed of
properly.  Also remember that DOT 3 fluid tends to permeate the rubber seals
and gaskets.  These should really be changed out. i.e.... flex hoses,
caliper kits, M/C kit and W/C kits.  The choice is yours as well as the cost
in time and parts.
As always, this is JMO.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing And Performance