$%#*Balljoints$#@%

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: $%#*Balljoints$#@%
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 98 9:10:19 CDT
How the heck do you remove the frozen ball joints on a TR3?  I bought a
pickle fork type remover, beat  /pried on it with on results except to
further damage the grease boot.  I was planning to replace the boot and
upper arm bushings.  I even tried heating it with a blowtorch, with no
luck.  I ended up removing the bolts at the top of the a-arm and replacing
the bushings via the back door, but still have to replace the boot on the
ball joint.  Any suggestions other than C-140?

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas
915-683-2781
(I joined a think tank, but it went septic)