Where are the TR4/4A's?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Where are the TR4/4A's?
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:37:38 -0400
I can't help but notice that the last few British car gatherings I've been
at featured very few 4/4A models. Where are they all? Adirondack TR's show
had only one and a show in Syracuse yesterday saw none at all. There is the
usual mix of TR3 and TR6 in roughly equal numbers, but no 4s. How come?

I would like to build a replica of a "factory" rally car from the
50's-60's. This obviously means a TR3A or TR4. Ideally I'd like to start
with a solid driver that is "cosmetically challenged" (Hey, rallying is not
pretty.) Any leads for this project would be appreciated.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.