gen / alt. pulley

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gen / alt. pulley
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 10:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
All this talk about Lucas, generators, etc. has made me feel a bit guilty
about having a Big Whonkin' Chevy alternator in my TR4.  Almost.

Does anyone know where I can get a smaller pulley for this device?  Right
now it seems to have the original Triumph pulley - for a generator, and
hence a bit too big.  As such the red light tends to stay on at idle, it
goes out when the rev go up, but sometimes comes back on at low speeds.

As an alternative, I can wait another month or so and get ahold of the
metalwork shop at the nearest high school and have them turn me one.  If I
do this, what is the best way?  (Dan, you watching?  I know you had a
custom set built)  Steel?  Billet aluminum?  Cast aluminum?  A brown paper
package tied up with string?

thanks in advance,
-Malcolm