Paint and Carpets TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint and Carpets TR6
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 12:34:01 -0500
I plan to repaint my '74 TR6 its original Pimento Red. What type of paint
was the original? I have heard that urathanes are more durable.
How much would one expect to spend for a "head turning" paint job?

Also, I replaced the carpets, and they are not the same color "chestnut" as
the upholstery. Were the original carpets shaded lighter? The old carpets
that I removed seemed lighter in color, but I thought they were just faded.
Does anyone else have the Chestnut TRim?

Thanks,
Jack