Header/Exhaust System for GT6-3?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Header/Exhaust System for GT6-3?
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 09:12:46 -0400
I have one more modification in mind for my GT6 (yeah, like I'll stop there
...)  I'd
like to fit a header and a free-ish flowing exhaust.

Recommendations, and suppliers?

In my ideal world, the header arrives needing almost no fitting ( I don't enjoy
filing
the mating surface), clears the frame rail, and doesn't cost more than $200.
Triumphtune makes the "Extractor" manifold for my car, but it appears I have to
order it
from England, another thing I'd rather not do.  Or can I get their stuff
stateside?
Moss no longer deals with them here.

I just have so many NEEDS.

As per the exhaust system, I think I'd prefer a single-pipe system that's easy
to fit,
flows pretty well, but doesn't sound too loud -- in other words, not as loud as
a Monza,
but louder than stock.

Thanks for your indulgence.  And if anyone has suggestions for the best way to
fit an
exhaust system without a lift, I'd love to hear them.  My preferred method is
to put the
front of the car on ramps, and the back on jackstands.  Even then, it's just
not pretty
to watch.

--
Martin Secrest