Re: Another Hurdle Flattened

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Another Hurdle Flattened
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 23:10:28 -0400
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm Walker wrote:
> I highly recommend a set of Organic Vapor filters (respirator) for anyone
> working with paints and glues!  Can't even smell them with one o' these
> things on your face.  I'd been working with particle filters before- they
> were OK but still let vapors through.

  I triple-second that. I stalled on buying a good respirator
because I didn't realize just how GOOD they are. I was expecting
it to be just a better version of a dust mask, but they are
magnificent, you can be in a cloud of paint and not even smell
it.

  As a side benefit, they have one way valves so you breathe
out one place and in through another. This means that it
isn't hot and stuffy under the respirator like it is with
a dust mask. I use the respirator now for everything.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/